Thursday, October 16, 2008
Do You Have Horns?
A funny thing happened this morning. Jaden was sitting on my lap. That's not the funny part. Just wait and we'll get there. I was asking him about his body parts. I'd say, "Do you have a nose?" and he'd say "Yes" and point to his nose. We went through many questions, and he got them all correct. Then, thinking of the Sandra Boynton book "Horns to Toes and In Between", I thought I'd throw him a curve ball. I asked him, "Do you have a tail?" He reached around to his back and said, "No." Very good. I asked him, "Do you have horns?" expecting him to touch his head and say, "No." However, he surprised me by saying, "Yes." I was about to correct him when I noticed he was trying to make the Longhorn symbol with his fingers! Very, very good. That's the funny part. The boy already bleeds burnt orange. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Very funny! Kids have such great minds!
That is great! I love it!
How funny! Hook 'em Jaden!!
That's about when Marillah began being able to do hook 'em horns although she'd have to use her other hand to arrange her fingers.
Not to mention the picture of Peter holding Marillah's newborn fingers in a hook 'em sign.
Oh, they're not brainwashed or anything.
Well my friend...you've been tagged. Check out my blog for details.
Can't wait to see that little guy! Of course don't be shocked to know that we fully intend on teaching our little cousins how to call the hogs..razorback style! (there might be a slight conflict of interest there....hmmmm)
We love you guys! Give those boys a squeeze from us! J & B
Post a Comment