So, what have they done lately, you ask? Well, first of all, Jaden has graduated to a big bed. Since Riley joined our family in July, he's been sleeping in a pack-n-play in our bedroom. Jaden's got a room, and Peter's got a room for his office. Those are all the rooms we have in this house, so our goal all along has been for the boys to share a room. Well, in order for Riley to sleep in their room, he needed the crib, which meant Jaden needed to move into the full bed that has previously served as our guest bed.
We talked it up for a while, did some minor baby-proofing in preparation for Jaden's new-found free access to his room, and then made the switch. Jaden was very excited and kept asking about the "big bed". We installed the bed rails and included a few of Jaden's favorite fuzzy friends.
Jaden climbed right in.
We tucked him under the covers and turned out the light.
I snuck back into the room a couple hours later to check on him, and this is what I found.
After about a week of sleeping in his big bed, he still rolls around a little bit, but he's getting better and better!
You might think moving my first baby out of the crib would be all the transition that I could take for a while, but it was not to be. Riley outgrew his car seat carrier and graduated to a regular car seat. With a jacket on, I could barely stuff him into the carrier and get the staps buckled. Once I did, I could barely lift him, much less carry him great distances. I stalled as long as I could, hoping that his sitting skills would improve enough that he wouldn't need to be in the carrier at the grocery store or in restaurants. At a mere five and a half months old, he was ready. We bought a new car seat for Jaden and moved Riley into Jaden's old seat. He looks much more comfortable here!!
5 comments:
S I G H H H H!!!!!!
Once again you have "captured the moment" and have it well documented so that the rest of us can share and ponder this big step for both these precious little boys - yes...I know...Jaden is a "big" boy now ---- but he will ALWAYS BE A LITTLE BOY AS WELL - Just ask Uncle Brook and Uncle Grey!!!
Thanks for sharing this bittersweet story and give Jaden and Riley hugs and kisses and high fives from GranDee :)
Way to go Jaden and Riley! Make sure to give your Momma lots of hugs as you grow!
I am blown away by how much our babies change in just 6 months. It is hard to believe that just a few months ago we were having to support our babies heads as we carried them. Now Riley is sitting in a highchair! Crazy! We're not quite there yet but I know it is coming. Sadness but at the same time it is fun.
Brandis, you said: "With a jacket on, I could barely stuff him into the carrier and get the staps buckled." - - I'm in this same boat, and i'm being LAZY about the transition. Just the other day i was pushing and shoving on Thom to fit in there, and then once i got him buckled, his feet were hanging out and then CARRYING him! OOFAH! So yeah... tis time to graduate him as well. It's not even a sentimental thing for me. It's letting go of the "ease" of the carry seat that clicks in. Oh well... i enjoyed your posts. So fun to read. Our Riley and Thom are moving along at exactly the same speed... :-)
Ya'll are having twice the milestones at the moment! Looks like everyone is happy with their new found freedoms. Marillah's best friend just turned seven, sniff, at least we have seven more months before that!!
Post a Comment