Well, my official due date came, and my official due date went. And, yes, you guessed it, I'm still pregnant. Baby King #2 was scheduled to arrive on July 21. That was yesterday.
Now I know that only 5% of babies are born on their actual due date, but I was really hoping and praying that this baby would decide to come a bit early rather than on time or late. Peter's sister Kristen was here for four days this past weekend, so the timing would have been ideal, but she had to go back to Dallas yesterday to get back to teaching summer school. Ah well, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that. . .
How am I feeling? Big. Uncomfortable. And, yes, I admit it. . .Grumpy. Peter volunteered yesterday to bring balloons to my pity party. Isn't that sweet of him? Actually, he's been very tolerant of my delicate moods, has given me back rubs, has taken over Jaden's bath duties, and continues to ask what else he can do to help. However, aside from making the baby come out, I'm not sure what else anyone can do at this point.
Where do we go from here? Well, I have an OB appointment this afternoon. If the baby is still doing OK (which judging from his extreme level of movement, he is) we'll continue to wait for another week. If he hasn't arrived by 7/28, we have a c-section scheduled for 7/29 at 11:00 am. Our fervent prayer is still that I will go into labor on my own and have a successful VBAC delivery. We still have a chance of that, but every day that goes by with no labor increases my stress. Peter reminds me that one way or the other, we're going to have a beautiful baby boy, so how he's born is not the important thing. I agree with him. . . mostly. I really want to experience a normal delivery, and if I can't do it this time, I will never, ever, get the the chance to do it again. That makes me sad. It may sound silly to some, but I know that I will always feel a sense of disappointment if that turns out to be God's plan for me and my babies.
We will, of course, send word out when and if we head to the hospital and then again when Lil' Monkey is finally here. In the meantime, you have a limited amount of time to solve the name riddles if you're still working on them :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We want a response to our latest riddle answer before it's too late!
Sorry that you are so uncomfortable. I'm sure you're also counting the days to your Kerby Lane pancake feast!!
Post a Comment