Many of you who were around when Jaden was born saw or even solved the Great King Riddle I and discovered Jaden's name before we was born. Peter and I had a great time creating the riddles and reading/hearing all your guesses, both the correct and the incorrect ones. We knew as we were doing it that we were going to have to carry on the tradition for future children - easier said than done.
So, once we had decided on a name for baby boy #2 (aka Lil' Monkey), Peter and I started thinking of ideas for the next set of riddles. We didn't want to do them the exact same way, so we had to first figure out a new style before we could set about writing the clues. This process took us a little longer, but in the end, we were successful and presented the first two riddles to various family members and friends. http://www.peterkingdesign.com/riddle2/index.htm
Basically, anyone who chooses to play has three guesses for each riddle. Justification for guesses must be provided to get credit, so Peter and I can enjoy getting an inside peek into your head as well as document the responses for the baby book. Once the first two riddles are correctly solved, you'll get the username and password necessary to access the third riddle, and so on until all riddles are solved. Once that has been done, your last task is to take all the answers and use them to guess at the name itself.
So far, we've had some good participation. Denae and Jeffry (sister and brother-in-law) were first (again!) to solve the name, followed closely by Travis Kaspar (small group friend) and Brent and Jodie (cousins). Other people who have also solved the name include GranDee and Pop (my parents), Nanna and Grandad (Peter's parents), Brook (brother), Grey (brother), and Zach Hall (another small group buddy).
A few other people are currently working their way through the riddles. I guess the rest of you are just waiting for the birth announcement :)
Again, Peter and I have really enjoyed this game and hope those of you who played along had fun, too. I'm already stressed about creating more riddles for the next kid (I'm only half kidding :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry we haven't gotten around to this yet!
Post a Comment