Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hugs, Kisses, High Fives

I have truly enjoyed each stage of Jaden's life, taking pride in all the things he has learned and discovered. He's now entrenched in the "talking up a storm" phase of life, to the point where I have started keeping a list of all the cute things that he has said. Out of the mouth of babes, and all that.

Jaden is quite taken with his Uncle Grey (my little brother). Here's a picture of the two of them right after Grey's graduation from the Air Force Academy earlier this year.

Here are a couple more shots of the two of them together. What little boy wouldn't love an uncle who shared his iPod, played catch, and taught him how to play X-box?




Anyway, I digress. Back to the story. . .

About a week ago, Grey came for a quick visit on his way to LV for Christmas. Long after we had taken him to the airport, Jaden was still talking about him constantly. A few days ago, I was changing his diaper (Jaden's, not Grey's) and he pointed out the window and said, "Uncle Grey truck". Grey's Exterra is parked outside our house. I said, "Yes, Jaden. Do you love Uncle Grey?" He said, "Yah huh" which means "yes" in Jaden speak. I said, "Do you give Uncle Grey hugs?" A big ol' smile flashed across his face, and he exclaimed, "Hugs. Kisses! HIGH FIVES!" each with more excitement than the last.

I think that just about says it all. So, when you see someone you love, give them hugs, kisses, and high fives, and think of Jaden!!

No comments: