Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Riley had a banner day yesterday. If you read my last post, you'll know that he started sleeping through the night two nights ago. Well, just hours after he woke up from sleeping through the night for the first time, he rolled over. Yeah, Riley!

I had just put him down for his nap and was listening to his "going to sleep" noises when all of a sudden his cute little coos turned into an urgent cry. I turned on the video screen of my monitor and saw that the little bugger had turned himself onto his tummy. He's not a big fan of being on his tummy and hasn't yet figured out how to roll from tummy to back. Hence, the crying. I know that most kids roll from tummy to back first, but not my little prodigy :)

Anyway, I went upstairs and rolled him back over. He smiled at me and went back to his cooing. I left the room and kept my eye on the monitor screen. Jaden was curious about what I was doing and came over to watch with me. Sure enough, a few minutes later, over he went. I had to roll him back over 3 times before he finally went to sleep. Then, as soon as he woke up from his nap, over he went again. In fact, I can hardly keep him on his back anymore, even though he still doesn't like to be on his tummy.

We've been working hard on the reverse roll, but so far no luck. If he doesn't learn soon, I may start losing weight due to the frequency of running up and down stairs during his naps to roll him onto his back :)

No comments: