Easter morning started off a bit rough. Jaden woke up at about 5:30 with a dirty diaper and a VERY sore bottom. It took me a while to get him settled down. I eventually laid him back in bed, but that didn't last very long, so we started our morning a lot earlier than usual. He continued to have "episodes" throughout the morning, so by the time I laid him down for his morning nap, I wasn't sure taking him to a strange nursery during church would be such a good idea. He had a good nap, however, so we decided to give it a shot.
We dropped off Jaden, with Scruffy in tow, at the Park Cities nursery and headed up to worship and celebrate Christ's resurrection. The service was wonderful, and my pager never went off. When we went down to pick up Jaden, we found him happily climbing on the mats in the nursery. Except for the first two minutes, he hadn't missed us at all.
After a nice family brunch, we headed back to the house, planning to take some family Easter pictures. Foiled again. As I was brushing my hair and reapplying lipstick, I heard Peter ask, "What's this big spot on Jaden's pants?" As it turns out, the little stinker (literally) decided to have another big blow-out and ruin his Easter clothes. My mom will tell me it serves me right for having a big black eye on my first Easter and ruining both my outfit and hers in exactly the same way on my second Easter. What goes around, comes around, right? :) We cleaned him up and put him to bed and hence have no family pictures in our pretty Easter outfits. We'll try to get some this Sunday when we're dressed up again!!
After his nap, Jaden got to hunt for Easter eggs and open his Easter basket. He had a good time, but I was struck again by how big he's gotten. Here's some perspective for you. . .
Easter 2007 - Jaden is four and half months old
Easter 2008 - Jaden is 16 months old
I'm a proud Mama!!
He is risen! He is risen indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment