I've been "playing tape A" for most of my life, so I figured I'd finally let some of you in on the secret.
My Mom is a very special woman who has shared her wisdom with me since I was a little girl. Sometimes I don't learn my lessons on the first try, so Mom would often need to repeat herself - over and over and over again. Eventually, I would know what she was going to tell me without her needing to say a word. That's when she would tell me to "play tape A" and I would hear her words in my head, just as if she was speaking them to me aloud. I still hear her voice, and I know I always will.
I am proud to say that I've grown up to be very much like my Mom. It is my goal, as it is hers, to learn as much as I can from my life experiences. As I grow and develop and learn, I am constantly editing the tape in my head. I don't pretend to know it all, far from it, but I do hope to share with you what I am learning on my daily journey though life, especially as I raise my children. It is one of my biggest hopes that my children will one day hear MY voice in their heads as they seek to grow into more godly people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And you will of course tell your children "Play iPod Track A." :-) Welcome to the blogging world! I hope you blog more than I do.
Post a Comment