The hardest part of infancy is definitely behind us, and we are moving forward with the first of many exciting milestones. Riley loves to smile. He smiles at me, at his Daddy, and is brother Jaden, and pretty much anyone who will pay him any attention. Seeing those chubby cheeks bunch up to reveal a dimple on his right cheek (just like his Daddy) and his lips curl around his precious toothless gums and his blue eyes sparkle warms my heart and erases all the stress and exhaustion I may have been feeling just at that moment. It's better than a full night of uninterrupted sleep!
I thank God every day for this blessing He has entrusted me with, and I pray that I will rely on His strength and wisdom rather than my own to bring him up as a valiant man of God.
There. . .I think this is by far my shortest post ever :)
1 comment:
Sweet, SWEET boy!!!! That smile certainly COULD melt away all the negatives in life. I have downloaded this picture so as to be able to enjoy it even more often until I can get my hands on him again and generate that dimple myself!
Our prayers to our Good Shepherd do not fall on deaf ears and He is already working through you to bring this precious son up to godly manhood - I will love watching his journey.
Hugs ~ Mommis/GranDee
Post a Comment